We are seeking a Product Developer with a passion for shoes and a keen eye for fashion trends, to join our fast-paced in-house product development team. You will need to have a fashion qualification, a strong administration background, and experience in ‘off shore’ product development or product development administration.
- Continuous trend, market and customer research (locally as well as internationally)
- Design, develop and build product groups that form a coherent and consistent continuation of the evolving brand(s)
- Sketching (freehand/digital, 2D/3D), digital rendering.
- Planning, detailing, specifying all designs/commissioning and tracking the development prototypes/ultimately approval salesmen samples
- Manage our ‘offshore’ resources (development & manufacturing) and work closely with our distribution partners.
- Visit suppliers, attend trade fairs, study current relevant trends, plan and discuss prototypes
- Be an active part of an ongoing brand identity development and evolution.
- Monitor, review and report sales performance, inventory levels
- Contribute to continual brand awareness in the Australian, New Zealand and international distributor markets
Preferred Skills, Experience & Knowledge
- Ideally but not absolutely necessary, if you’re the right candidate, you have worked in similar positions for 1 to 5 years in the footwear or allied sector/industry.
- Optional (huge plus): You are familiar with constructions, materials, manufacturing processes, commercialization and offshore sourcing.
- You are familiar with wholesale environments and dynamics
- You are allowed to work in Australia and are able to travel (when conditions allow)
- Experience with digital illustration and sketching tools (Adobe Illustrator, Procreate etc)
- You possess strong communication and project management skills
- You negotiate and liaise with suppliers, customers, sales agents, intern. Distributors.
- Most important of all you will be curious, energetic, solution orientated and looking to make a difference in a vibrant, rapidly growing business.
We offer a generous salary package that will be negotiated to attract the best candidate (including superannuation and participation in a KPI based bonus scheme). We are based in Port Melbourne, with both on-site parking and an attractive staff discounts program. If you think you fit this role and you have a passion for shoes, apply now. We’d love to hear from you! Please apply online, forwarding your CV and a cover letter.
This is a permanent full-time position and applicants must be eligible to work long-term in Australia to apply for this role.
If you have what it takes, please email (email@example.com) your CV and a cover letter that tells us about your experience and why you would be a great candidate for this role.